About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Watching a Blades practice..

seemed strange to watch a "Blades" morning skate, with about 3 other fans - 1 grizzled gentleman and 2 blondes or so they seemed from across the rink.
A 'big bearded' Brust in goal was still wearing green Aeros pants with blue Everblades sweater-once an Aeros, always an Aeros hmh....
Helmet Nr. 9 seemed sharp...and reminded us a bit of 'Bucky' at Aeros.. nose and all ;-).
BB did some housekeeping - 'brooming' the space in front of his goal with his stick and carefully piling ice around the bottom posts.
Once, while we were there, he did a 'face flat onto the ice' safe..unfortunately my point'n shooter wasn't ready so friends in Houston will NOT see a prone BB. If any pix turn out OK will post them after return.
When thoroughly chilled we headed out into the warm but blustery sunshine of Estero, taking with us a souvenir...a puck slid softly under my seat..so I guess it was not an 'Ironman' like slapshot ;-)!
Tomorrow I'll be stalking.. a bald eagle pair and chicks nesting on the grounds here (I'd rather stalk..um, well maybe later in February).
And at night back to Germain arena for the Everblades/Gladiator Game (1. in 2) and Saturday to Tampa for Lightening vs. Thrashers. Lots of hockey in sunny Florida, eh?
Plus a visit to a citrus winery in St. Pete's...yep, wine from lemons..or such.
It'll be hard to post on these teams, since names/numbers will be not familiar. Am planing to just sit back and enjoy these couple games! Or so I plan, anyway.
When it comes to 'wines from lemons', I shall report, however.
Too bad, I just found out that Opera Naples is presenting IL TROVATORE (one of my fave Verdi operas) on FRIDAY the 22.. and Sunday afternoon, alas..big sigh! Next trip just have to check on when and where there is an opera or two, to hear, while also going to see hockey games. February-March may be a good time for Sarasota Opera and Blades and more Hockey.. for sure 2011.

2 comments:

Woody Wommack said...

I was at practice today, too. You can get caught up on the Everblades by reading by blog. You can find it at http://blogs.naplesnews.com/everblades

artandhockey said...

Thanks. Judging from your photo you were not that grizzled gentleman in the stands;-).
I have read yr blog and do appreciate the info.
So how do YOU rate Nr. 9?