About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Alert.... Moon at the mfah

Moonlit lake
if you haven't seen this exhibit, you ONLY have today and Sunday to do so. And it IS worth it... not just exhibits by NASA, but drawings, paintings, books, photos - anything and everything to do with the Moon, der Mond, la Lune, la Luna, etc.
Now this is funny: In English and German Moon is masculine, in Italic languages she is feminine ...hm .. can you guess? ;-).


How often do we use MOON..
as in Moonstruck, Fly me to the Moon, the Man in the Moon, Once in a Blue Moon, Mooning over, Moonlight Sonata, Baying at the Moon, Over the Moon, Sailor's Moon, Moon cake, Moon walk...and MORE.

No comments: