About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Minding my P's and Q's-edited version

crossing the T's and dotting the I's...now that this appears in the T3I line up of blogs. For which opportunity I thank YOU.
And I also thank you in advance for bearing with me and forgiving when 'the devil made me do it'-spell checks do not always work with foreign languages ;-D.
When it comes to number crunching and hockey technical reporting...that I leave to the experts, may they be reviewers, ex-players turned reporters or just true blue hockey addicts.
My aim is to inject a bit of frivolity and/or levity into the lives of anyone brave or maybe bored enough to read this, with as apropos photos or videos to leaven the tale ;-).
My Galgenhumor IS, alas, still alive and well.


That said, on to the news that Hockey, too, is alive and well in the USA.



Judging from the reaction to the recent win by Team USA, there will be no shortage of fresh 'eager beaver' youngsters scrambling for any vacant, or maybe to be vacant, spots in the various professional hockey leagues. Hockey Players in the United States alone: There were 195,125 players registered with USA Hockey in 1990-91. Last year, that number was 465,975.
(per article in National Post c/o canada.com)
And of course all the other players from around the world wanting it, too.
So we will surely see an influx of them at the next 'meat market' - ahem draft - in Toronto
So all you Veterans, unless supermen, better watch out..

you are on the way to becoming an endangered species.

2 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

Sorry it took me so long. I must have though 30 times, "I need to add her to the blog roll" and just didn't execute.

artandhockey said...

Execute .. heads must roll? LOL.