About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh, Canada...

Sidney Crosby stands on guard for thee... as he got the deciding goal in overtime, he now is A CANADIAN hero.
so I know it is not a Maple Leaf, but a Yellow Rose of Texas for all Hockey Players...what a game! A Cliffhanger of a game. What a nailbiter to watch. Do I have any nails left? Kudos to Parise and his team mates for skating as if for their lives!
The speed, the precision, the inate sense of how to palce oneself, the saves, the defense....I am still too wound up to say much.

Only this: IMO - not to detract from these guys' efforts and talents, BUT ...the guys of the "Miracle Team", composed of college students rather than highly paid professional, those guys in my eyes are the epitome of olympic achievements.

And tomorrow or the day after, they'll all be back again skating for their respective NHL club in USA or CANADA. And gearing up for the Stanley Cup Play Offs....Gotta love hockey!

No comments: