About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

AWESOME DAY 13 of the OLYs... for USA

Even though it was NOT Friday, Day 13 of the Vancouver Olympics brought victory to USA Hockey: 2 - 0 over the Swiss. I watched with bated breath, yes, glued to the tube...HOW CAN ONE NOT LOVE this?

Miller got his shut out, but had incredible help by defenders such as Eric Johnson, and offense guys such as Zach Parisi (Minnesotan?) with another open netter at last minute, and others. The game was fast, nail biting to the end! Bitter for the Swiss players who are now on their way back to whichever team they normally play, in Europe or NHL, but, oh, so sweet for Team USA who will go to play Saturday and then ???
Hockey Angels root for USA!

BIG, and I really mean BIG, kudos to Jonas Hiller, the young Swiss goalie, who stopped 43 of 44 shots on goal.

That's all folks for today. Tomorrow a brief review of the Met's Simon Bocanegra by Guiseppi Verdi, which I shall see soon - the Encore presentation, that is, since I had to miss the live simulcast earlier.
And much later, the latest on the AEROS/MOOSE confrontation at the TC.
GO AEROS! (hope you all watched this afternoon and some of it rubbed off via osmosis - just saying ;-))

No comments: