About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I am fed up ..

I am fed up! And I am sure to offend some of you by that sentiment! But I AM fed up!
Fed up with endless interviews of blond, brunette or pinkhaired gals and guys wearing sequins or fur or sunbronzers or whatever! I do not really care to know what goes through their minds when lacing up boots, etc. I do not really need to know that their Mamas and Papas (NO, I do not mean THAT group) had to borrow money to attend the games, Summer OR Winter Games; or whatever hardship the press imagines worthy of their endless attention!

Stop wasting my time - I want to see the events! As many as possible, if time allows- one cannot sit in front of the TV 24hrs afterall.
So stop wasting my time.
Show as much and as many as possible, not only the national press favorites!
I want to see that the athletes' energy, hard training and -yes, indeed-luck in placement, luck with slope, no wind, no soft ice and other conditions...gave them the edge, the winning time, score, numbers, points, whatever. And even if one does not win, it is still a joy to watch them try! And I would like to see the athlete actually honor their respective National Anthem and really sing it if words are written for it!

I do not want to be inundated with 'personal interest' stories about anyone, politicians or other kinds of fame-hungry peacock-persons. No, I do not want to know that having had to eat your spinach or, heaven forbid, being spanked at an early, or later age, for doing forbidden things, caused you to behave utterly insensibly and/or irresponsiby.

NO, I have it up to there with those "psychologist/psychatrist created excuses" or apologiae!

Enough of that. Accept that some people are simply BAD!
Enuf said!
Starry Night from the Hubbell telescope...
like a hairy eyeball after a late night on the town..LOL.
Life is too short to get too upset about stupid hype.. let's Party Or enjoy the sunny day this morning!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more! If they can't bring us anecdotes that are enlightening, educational, or elevating, I really wish they would stick to sports.

artandhockey said...

Sports, did you say?
Ah, well in times of twitter it seems unacceptable to bring any kind of wisdom.
Just saying...with a smile, of course!

Anonymous said...

I do care about the people performing the sports...but I don't think anyone gets much out of hearing "I'm so thrilled to be here!" and "My folks mortgaged the farm to see me!" over and over.

I feel the same way about artists, incidentally. When was the last time you recall reading something truly interesting in an interview with an artist?

I guess it's all about being safe and politically correct. Sigh.