About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Anticipation in overdrive

before the USA vs Canada Olympic (and how Olympic!) Hockey battle for the Gold! TODAY!
Just read this in "In Goal Magazine" from an interview of USA Goalie Miller:
"It’s going to be a lot of fun. It’s a big game but it doesn’t change the way we play. It’s a hockey game, it’s ice, it’s a puck, the kind of stuff we’ve done for years. Just going to go out and hopefully tie my skates on the right way and play a hockey game. It’s something we do every day. I’m just going to try and have fun with it. It is a great chance."
That hit me!
This ought to be the reaction by any hockey fan "-have fun with it."
Win or lose, "-have fun with it". Playing or watching, "-have fun with it"!
When we see, read and hear about the recent disasters that Mother Nature's muscle flexing caused in Haiti and Chile, and elswhere, it seems ever more important to "-have fun with it"!
Will good sportsmanship prevail IF... on either side.
Or will sour grapes abound? To be continued......later today!

No comments: