About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The 'Moose' in the South, a repeat?


and we'll hear 'Oh, Canada' again sung in the TC.
Must admit I enjoy that presentation over many others who so, big sigh, mangle The American anthem!

I am taking the day off from posting other than THIS:
Austria got another GOLD in Nordic Combined (Jumping and Skiing)! We watched the final Austrian Skier seemingly loosing against the American then pulling ahead to win the GOLD! Austria's winning time in the 4-by-5-kilometer relay following a jump off the large hill was 49 minutes, 31.6 seconds. .


The team of Stecher, Felix Gottwald, David Kreiner and Bernhard Gruber defended its title Turin. Stecher's strong finish had him cruising past the finish line ahead of the American.
AND USA got the Silver, a first!

Just watching that...almost could feel the aches in legs and arms, and lungs! LOL. And dreaming about THAT (the aches I mean) kept me awake half the night pacing the 'pins and needles' away!
IMO, lovely to see Canadian Winners actually sing THEIR anthem! Such a difference to watching grinning and neck jerking reactions of so many others!
OK, so you can't sing a note, who cares..mouth it, the cameras don't record your actual sound, or, the least you can do, stand to attention with eyes on YOUR flag, instead of roaming the audience to search for sponsors ..just kidding!
I did have one beef: why that "fireside chat" with Phelps, the swimmer!
So he WAS there, so WERE others, too!

No comments: