About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Are College Degrees just pieces of paper?

This morning I squinted my way through this  and must admit I am not surprised. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203733504577026212798573518.html
Especially the reference to the general unpreparedness of High School graduates for higher education studies' demands.
But as I read about like problems in other parts of the world as well, does it not point to a common thread in education and/or students' attitudes?
A choice of the lesser road taken?

Ah, well. Just another subject that sorta bugs me.

No comments: