About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wild no more?

Reading between the lines of various bloggers about the Wild, it sure looks like
we should ask WHERE are the Wild (Things  :-)...) ?

And what about the Aeros?
One win does not a Summer make!

Freely adapted from Cervantes: "Una golondrina sola no hace verano"
Sorry, no swallow photo I can lay my hands on. just this minute. A rooster statue from Little Havana must serve - at least IT is colorful!
***********************************************************

On the opera front I hear many good things..
Don Carlos (Verdi)  and Maria Stuarda (Donizetti) at HGO are shaping up,
 and so is Il Trovatore (Verdi) at The OH!
Both comapnies going out with a bang-musically that is.
While U of H is offering Der Rosenkavalier (Strauss) as year end 'Zuckerl' =
Ear Candy.
Just to get you all going a few clips from all 4.... enjoy!
Don Carlo: Conducted feelingly by Riccardo Chailly
Maria Stuarda (La Scala Performance-seen 2008 in Shades cinema off HWY 6 here )
Even at this late stage,  Di quella pira...beautifully sung  by Pavarotti
The Ouverture to Der Rosenkavalier brilliantly conducted by my fave
Maestro Carlos Kleiber (r.i.p)

No comments: