About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Senior Moment

or worse?
When, for the life of you,  you can't remember your pass code(s).
Which, as techie gurus advise, ought to be changed frequently for security reasons.
Nor ought you to use the same for several accounts.
Nor ought you to keep them written down, especially never anywhere on YOUR computer.
So help me. What do I do when my senior moment strikes?

I have had to change my pass code on an account or two already, because I simply could not remember the original one :-). Even more difficult because I also forgot how to answer the security questions which would allow me to change the pass code.
Sigh! :-(

So I had to start all over! Phew!
Now I have the task of guessing the secuirty answers if I want access to any of my accounts. Which IS the real one? Will the real (latest) stand up and bite me! LOL.
Wish it were that simple.

And as we age, we find contemporaries (in the widest sense) are falling like nine pins to the right and left. Of course, ONLY the famous or infamous are heard of in the news.

Now I do know that one dictator finally died  at 69! And how could one not..as
articles on and about the man and his legacy (?) are multiple.
And his supporters mourn.
And the world trembles.
Will the enigmatic son of the old dictator be better or be worse?
And the media writes, assumes, discusses endlessly the case.
Is it a disaster in the making? Or is it not?

And then there is Vaclav Havel, or rather was.
He, too, died.
On Sunday, at 75.
He is mourned in Czech Republic,
and by all peace loving people of the world, as well.
But there is relatively little to read about him, as yet.
He, who beside Lech Walesa, was the most influential changer of Eastern European history, simply does not rate as much ado?
He was no dictator.
He was no creator of fear among the world.
What he was - was a poet, a playwright, an essayist, a dissident
and finally a politician as unusual that sounds.
I did find today a few articles on this humane man .

And we also lost another unusual man earlier, in this article the author makes a connection between Hitchens and Havel rather cleverly.

And of other odds and ends:
Revisiting some favored  series (on TV) and re-viewing some fave movies, I am struck by the thought of eternal youth!
On celluloid, at least!
Some of those favorite actor(esse)s have also passed into the Great Beyond (if you believe such), but - there they are on film/DVD, etc. in all their glorious youthful looks! Forever and ever.
Relics maybe, but for those of us, who lived to see them while in their prime, forever etched into our minds... as the good or sexy, the bad (Joseph Wiseman as Dr. No.. no relation to Brian Wiseman -I think)
and -
yes, even the ugly-of course, ugly is in the eyes of the beholder.
A cartoon image of a gang of bank robbers. The text above reads: It'll keep you on the edge of your saddle. A speech bubble from the robber reads: Just keep going like nothing was wrong.My fave was this one (left) From Noon Till Three,
IMO a satiric take akin to
Blazing Saddles

Pictured are a very sexy Marlon Brando - "On the Waterfront", "M.A.S.H." - part of the cast, Joseph Wiseman as Dr. No (Bond movie) and Charles Bronson in "Vigilantes"(I believe).
And once more: Merry Christmas

1 comment:

ICEVET said...

Your POST touches on the "natural liberal bias" of the MEDIA CLASS and propensity to focus on the negative, salacious, and fear mongering.....given a free-rein by the FIRST AMENDMENT to chose WHAT is reported, HOW it is reported, and WHETHER to include ALL relevant facts.

Members of the MEDIA CLASS are taught early in Journalism Schools that they are THE exclusive-intermediaries of interpreting the NEWS for the public. The HAVEL v. "Dear Leader" (or deceased movie star/journalist) issue is oft-repeated and challenges our perspective as to what is really important.