About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Becoming Immune to Sound Bites? Aeros win-update!

It sure does seem to! We seem to live a sound bites life!
Anything longer than 140 characters requires too much attention of the average GP (General Public), methinks.
"How are you? I am fine (in 140 characters or less)!"
Do you believe in this or that? As long as it does not exceed 140 characters I believe in it!"
"So how are you getting along at work? Can't tell you, 140 characters are not enough!"
Read them as the wry remarks they are meant to be and laugh heartily,
hahahaha, if you dare! And can!
  • We have at least 1000s friends FB
  • Receive a surfeit of Tweets
  • Are Linkdin to too many
  • Share MySpace
  • Use professional networks
Add to that the 'headline sound bites' on the web, YouTube, Hulu, and more!
Shoe horn in gazillion of blogs on myriad subjects:
Business blogs, football blogs, baseball blogs, personal blogs, hockey blogs, soccer blogs, mommy blogs, daddy blogs, auntie blogs, medical blogs, hockey official blogs, hockey unofficial blogs, art blogs, artsy blogs, travel blogs, shopper blogs,  political blogs,  theater, opera, symphony and chamber music blogs, student blogs, and narcistic blogs Freud would enjoy reading ;-)!
And! And!
Plus several tongue-in-cheek blogs which hardly anyone seems to 'get'.
Due to lack of a sense of humor?
Lack of the ability to laugh at one self?
Whatever.
In the comments one can see that the satire's lost on most readers.

How anyone can get any REAL work done - I ask myself.
Me, I am retired and DO have time, IF I want, to spend hours on the web reading, listening, but alas rarely learning!

For curiosity's sake, once, I set myself the task to 'hit'n miss' follow some headlines /newsflash (skimming through the actual article) and their comments.
And found,  the smuttier and more sensational the news,
the sluttier and more ridiculous the comments.
AND what comments!
I do so understand that in the heat of response one can make typos
(been there - done that).
But grammatical "typos" which requires some heavy mental gymnastics by the reader of said comment to 'get it'!
Misspelled and/or misapplied words which then have complete other meanings!
Mme and M Malaprop are alive and well in these U S of A.
And here are a few samples...so go ahead and chuckle!
"Listen to the blabbing brook." by Norm Crosby
"His physiognomy so grammatical!" [phraseology]
And Oronyms/homophones never ought to take the place of proper spelling.
As in the poem below... just a big :-D? Or a big sigh?
Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rarely ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect in it's weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Sauce unknown)
It may be funny, but it really bugs me!

Kuemper in goal made 21 saves. AND on the Aeros front:
Joey Martin, Forward, was signed to a PTO and already playing against Rochester.

Joel Broda had 2 goals, Kris Foucault 2 assists - and the Aeros win 4-3 over the Amerks  in regulation.

Ortmeyer and Mac Millan still out with injuries.


Both newcomers Reed and Martin skated against  Rochester.

No comments: