About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Amygdala Moments...

have really nothing to do with Senior Moments (SMs).
And SMs have nothing to do with the SM of De Sade (Quote he: Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell...)
Wait, maybe they do!
Think on it ..LOL.

As is well known Senior Moments occur when we forget, mislay, misname or otherwise confuse things. Also known variously as Alzheimer's, Senility..etc.
Old Age in short!

Amygdala Moments (AMs) occur when we are scared by 3 Sss: sounds, smells, and sights.
When irrational fear wants to make us run as fast we can even before our rational brain tells us to do so! 
Commonly referred to as that gut feeling!
What that has to do with gut, I don't rightly know,
since the Amygdala is actually situated within our brain.
Perhaps the fact that digestion shuts down when fear takes over, LOL?
At least that's what most experience.

Me, it just make makes me hungry.
And there is that rather pleasurable exhilaration during MY Amygdala Moments.

Pulse races, Adrenalin pumps.
Thrills chase away boredom.

So does that make me a risk taker?
Perhaps!


Was that the reason for the adventure that brought me to the USA mumble years ago?
Is that why unknown foods lure me?
New things tempt me?
Matt Beaudoin as a Texas Star
Adrenalin pumps fiercely through thrills and drama such as Hockey (and hockey players ;-)!

Los Toros  (and Matadors ;-)
Houstonian Tracy Viser
Suspense Novels set in foreign sites.
Opera  (some of those singers will do that,. too)
"Tower" by Haddid
Visual Arts

Tried twitter (dislike); Facebook (OK);
Worldwide Internet (much liked).
Haven't you ever watched a foreign program and tried to guess what;s being said watching facial and body language? Quite a challenge.
And such fun - For a while.
Then the rational brain takes over and warns of potential overload!

I just have to try newfangled stuff in arts and music - like it or hate it.
Try I must! Well, I admit - at least the once :-)!

Lately those AMs seem faded into the background in "favor" (grrr) of  SMs.
Risks are less risky. Adrenalin only just oozing.
Any and all thrills are not quite what they used to be.  :-)!
Yes, indeed! Any kind!
Ah well - alas, a lot MORE boring!

No comments: