About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Butchery of Hogs, with photos

Alec Richards seemes eager or nervous-pacing

The Fans, the hardy few!

One of Hackett's  Saves

Fraser down

Richards stopped that one (puck just in front of stick)

Morency takes on Exelby, The Captain of the Hogs

Sprawling did not help

What speed


Hackett still not scored on


Toivonen caught that one fast

But gets helmet knocked off as thanks for that stopper

FINAL

Mass celebration

Scandella Star Nr. 1.
Let me say this.. I did not wear any jersey tonight.. and look what happened.

Six - count them - SIX powerplay goals.. a home ice best- I believe, plus two more goals.
Want the whole shebang go look at AHL scoreboard!
So much happened tonight I can't - no won't - begin to recount.
Goals by the usual supsects : Di Salvatore 2, Gillies 1, Noreau 1, O' Sullivan 1 - 2 Goals by Scandella and a goal by Daoust (has he found himself again-remember his last year's numbers!).
The guys were outstanding..even with some call ups and injuries. And adding Pascal Morency to replace traded and called up ones, added a bit of a spark - especially for fans of hockey fights.. he did take on Exelby right of the bat. Kassian, too, skirmished and some others looked as if they could as well. Rockford palyed a super aggressive game and a rough one!
I don't believe I have seen to many misconducts and instigator ones in quite a while.
The scoreboard at the end says all.
Except for the fact that this game kept TWO referees busy handing out penalties, most to Rockford.

The only  goal for Rockford came in the Third, an unassisted shorthanded one by Bollig!
(Now, I really ought to bite my tongue and stop saying things,
like "Hackett will get another Shut Out"-when, BAM,  Bollig scores his lonely goal)

So, how to explain this game tonight in front of a few hardy souls?
Were we seeing  an invasion from space ETs wanting to play hockey?
Has the Energizer Bunny taken over the Aeros?
Have the coaches discovered a secret formula - fed it to the team?
Could they play better when not distracted by huge crowds :-)?

Whatever it was.. guys, keep on doing it!

Eat more of it!
Drink it all up!
Keep the hypnosis going!

I still feel as if I had been dreaming!
And will wake up soon to find it all has disappeared!
BUT , BUT, It was real.
Not a deam.
A nightmare, perhaps, for fans of Rockford.
Tomorrow I shall post a video taken, to prove it was really not a dream, LOL!
Good Night y'all.. you'll sleep well..
visions of  Calder Cup might just be present!

No comments: