About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Random things on my mind...

1.
Just got an email from the UK.. someone over there stumbled on my blog while researching Entartete Art from Theresienstadt and/or Wolfgang Holzmair's new Disc.
And found it rather amusing to see the connection I make between hockey (she played hockey, some time ago, herself) and the arts, in which she continues to have great interest. It is "nice" to read that.
Justifies blogging or not? One sure hopes so ;-)! Although sometimes I feel "Why am I doing this, nobody cares."
So it seems after all it's not only for my own gratification (well it is, to some extent, as I am sure it is for all bloggers, unless 'paid' bloggers).

2.
Using spellcheck does supply me with lots to laugh about: for instance for ENTARTETE get entreaty, entirely and so forth. It invites me to change HOLZMAIR to Holmium, Holism, Holmes, and for GRINZING I am exhorted to use grinning, which, come to think of, sorta fits.. after all when in Grinzing and drinking lots of wine, one tends to grin a lot! Tee Hee!
3.
Opera in the Heights artists for La Boheme/Puccini are arriving this weekend to begin rehearsals.
Something to look forward to !
A little taste of the voices to be heard and seen:
Soprano Crystallia Spilianakis



Tenor David Guzman! (A Dubielewicz look alike :-) ?




Soprano Alyssa Bowlby



And Bass Nathan Resika


Aeros Hockey tonight: something else to look forward to or not!

No comments: