About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

The photos you've been waiting for ;-) are here..

Being somewhat computer illiterate it took a while to study the transfer from the digital (simple 'point and shoot-well that's what they advertised-really NOT all that simple) camera to the computer and trying to 'edit' ... need lots more practice for THAT, let me tell you. But anyway, here are some I especially like:

On the way to Chimayo on NM 503... the vastness of the High Desert
Water
those Franciscans did know how important it is, hearing a little clear rivulet murmur over smooth pebbles, after a trek across the high dessert, so refreshing. Stations of the cross along the water runnel..to give thanks for its nurturing gift.


The little Church and cemetary.............. AND patron Saint St. Francis,
Open air altars for praying
Returning from annual trek to Chimayo, more almost endless views of my beloved vast, mysterious, enchanting, humbling high dessert
Trainride into the sunset towards the bowl of Galisteo, completes a perfect day in Santa Fe.

More later...



10 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

Beautiful!!!

artandhockey said...

Thanks! Coming from YOU, it is really appreciated. MORE pix on the way - CAN'T GET AWAY YET ;-)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so great-I can almost feel being there in person. Keep them coming, thanks.

New Mexico fan said...

I love the drive to and the mission of Chimayo. It seems so outerwordly.

artandhockey said...

Thanks and hope you will enjoy the other two session.

Alice said...

We must of passed on the road. I was there that week too.
I love Chimayo. The ride is beautiful. These are great pic's.
Alice

Anonymous said...

WOW . Die Bilder sind sehr schoen und was Du alles auf Deinem Blog hast. Interessant. P

Mici said...

How jealous I am!!! We really wanted to go to with the Opera to Santa Fe this year, but work, as usual, got in the way. You’re photos are lovely! And how cool the Franciscans understood water’s importance and honored it so beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so lovely! Next year I'll be sure to include Chimayo on my Santa Fe sojourn. I, too, am enchanted by that breathtakingly beautiful part of the country. Post more pix! - Beth

artandhockey said...

Thanks.. see you all in NM next year?