About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

A day off...

that used to mean so much, when working on a research project 10 hours or longer days into the night.
Now I am free to do whatever...as long as house gets cleaned; Laundry done and mended; Meals cooked or, as frequently the case, mic'ed ;-). Now I find myself doing oodles volunteering, mostly the less physical kind....after all one has to keep those little grey cells working while 'resting' them old bones ;-) With all those new health 'rules and taxes' .... keeping mind and body sane and healthy is a must!
Time for March Madness, or rather indulgent looking on, while Better Half watches, I have time to catch up my reading, so sadly neglected for several weeks(Book with wings-Dallas Museum of Art)
Mizzou is out of the running, so following the others daily, nightly, really is only fun for Basketball fans.
And some long overdue correspondence to friends in the OLD country, who are NOT on the web in any shape or form, needs to be done. And planning trips. Sometimes I feel the anticipation for and of such trips out weighs the actual experience - sometimes.
There will be a NEW opera by Heggie: Moby Dick
Clip below is NOT from it - as a joke....others composed on the theme Moby Dick!
HGO still has two stunning production in the works, The Queen of Spades
(sung in Russian)
and Xerxes(sung in Italian with countertenor David Daniels-I prefer the sound of the one above LOL)
plus a couple of TOSCAs ( one of the most iconic Toscas.. Callas)in Miller Outdoor Theater.
And not to forget the current production of La Boheme at Opera in the Heights, THE OH!
Below a clip of PARIS with Chares Aznavour singing about the life of Bohemians in Paris...
NOT from the Puccini Opera, but..even non opera lovers will enjoy this, ;-)!!



My ears and eyes are looking forward to all that!

No comments: