About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Morning after..and post scriptum

Photo by Naoya: Blast
from the current MFAH show... rather apropos, I feel for the Morning after ;-)!
the glow is still there, but the high hues have faded enough to realize that I totally missed the 'premiere' of Rampage new Goalie 'Miika Wiikman" who replaced Tordjman in the third period and 'wiickedly' ;-) stopped seven shots! So I shall proclaim mea culpa if I have mislead you. The end result of last night's battle sees Aeros in 2. place in the Lone Star Face Off...even if they are presumably out of contention in the Calder Cup Play Offs.
I'd say, only hard core Aeros fans will pre-buy their Play-Off Tickets, on sale now, along with season subscription renewals.

Visions of Sugarplums kept dancing in my head over night, well, anyway, something kept dancing in my head, if not sugarplums (not really the season for it, eh!). So I went snooping on 'you tube' . Picture my utter delight when I found this of 'tap toes' Fred and Rita: "So Near and Yet So Far ;-) (as Aeros are from Calder Cup ;-)? Enjoy !







Off to the Museum we go so see the new exhibit of Photos 1950' and onwards... Bernd and Hilla Becher's Study of Water Towers..some eerily reminiscent of observatories..One very similar building can be seen to the left on the way to San Antonio, just off I-10 . :-D!


PS : Just read that the Stars won last night vs. Icehogs, and are now competing for third play off spot with Milwaukie. AND Aeros are playing there tonight! How many fingers do we all have? Let's keep them crossed and pray for more miracles, plus unbiased refereeing!

PPS: Referees may have it in for Wild and Aeros, both. Reading between the lines of Russo's Rants show some laxity in calls, which Russo refers to "and the game becomes dangerous".

No comments: