About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

So I shall survive for a few more months...

or so the Doctor tells me. Results are good, even if NOT perfect. But then what IS perfect. I'll do with the good.
And tomorrow Aeros will play Stars in an ongoing battle for supremacy in Texas.



Just replace some words in the above hymn to make it apply to the 'Battle of the Skaters' (not giants yet... only if and when they make the play offs...;-)
Right now they are tied, 15 points for each.
As it seems at the moment, Rampage, with 8 points, most likely will stay in 3. place in the Lonestar Face Off.

All is quiet on the 'opera front in Houston'! January will see 'Tosca' and ' The Turn of the Screw' (yes, yes, you are reading right!) at HGO, and 'Ballo en Maschera' at the OH!
And Don Giovanni and the Little Vixen at U of H.
Later more about three exciting opera, one amusing one and one puzzling one.. Britten IS puzzling, to me at least. Friend M. adores his music... I just let her!
Some excerpts will be included for your listening pleasure from all 5 operas if found!
It is GOOD to be different...otherwise life would be sooooo boring!
Now off to pool for the daily' grind'... must keep it up, or 'Uncle Doctor' will get mad at me, LOL.
In the spirit of the season, if the twinkling lights during the battlehymn are not enough for you!
Merry, Merry!

No comments: