About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Doing it..

vs writing about it. Or talking about it.
Having exchanged remarks with another blogger...I need to set a few things straight.

First, I do not skate, do not play hockey, ski (did some, but...), rode on horseback (did not fall off, but..), ran sprints, shotput, but - just too non athletic, and always have been.
Second, Shot bows and arrows, but have NO desire to shoot with guns -any kind of gun.
Third, Love to dance, but now unable to - the biggest SIGH!
Fourth, I do not fight Los Toros, don't have the blasted courage, I admit it.
Fifth, I don't paint or write poetry or novels - like it and tried all that at one time or another, none 'liked ME' :-). But I read a lot or as much as eyes allow-sigh.
Sixth, while I do sing (ONLY when completely alone :-D), I cannot ever sing opera.
Seventh, I do not play an instrument.. however am rather proficient at pushing buttons on my CD/DVD players..;-)
Eighth, I am no pilot (but have flown in 2 seater), do not bungy jump or out of airplanes.. but still want to experience hot air ballon and helicopter rides

And it saddens me, that I remain a step or more removed from all that is beautiful and stirring.
That said, I love to experience every 'drop' of it all, however vicariously.

I love the atmosphere, the excitement, the pageantry, the music, the drama, the colors, the sounds and 'smells' ;-).
The artists' deepest feelings set in oil, stone or other media, the flow of words in poetry, the audience reactions.

I love debates, discussions, even fights (verbally, or on paper, LOL) about them, the pros and cons, the groans of disappointment or moans of exultation. And the desire to see and hear and experience MORE, while I am able.

It's all there .. and I love it.
And respect and admire those that really DO it!

No comments: