About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

No good deed goes unpunished...UPDATED per request from Anon

Here's what the other cat did not look like... :-0

Spent last evening with a friend ruminating about the good old days, cheering her out of the summer blahs and other bad feelings.
The recent, and still ongoing, heat is bringing out some weird selections of DVDs.
Revisiting the classics.

Loving the British Humour ones...in black and white from the (g)olden days of yore.

Why are "The Bridge over the River Kwai", "Lawrence of Arabia", and other 'war' movies so entrancing right now? Hey, I am a pacifist at heart, no really, I am.
The actors in them?
Fascinating portrayal by

as he almost becomes the Colonel (Boogie).

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi4120970009/

And those oh, so blue eyes of Peter O'Toole under the shock of blond? Who could resisted that?

O'Toole as Lawrence, in the dessert! http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi966984473/
Omar Sharif probably does the same thing to those who like dark and mysterious.

And then there was LA STRADA...starkly black and white, no Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie in sight, but the expressive faces of Giulietta Massina, clownish as hers may have been, and Anthony Quinn, as the quintessential tough guy! And that plaintive little song....still with me.

Alas, can't sing ...no truly, you would not want to be in the same house, don't even mention room, with me if I start singing.. Well, M. and I hummed it anyway, she was MUCH better at it, having lubricated out throats sufficiently before hand. And ONLY one of her cats hid under the bed. And, no she did not quite look like this(see above).
Jericho, the old 'GentleCat' kindly curled up on my lap as if to say: Girl, you are nice to cuddle up on, don't worry that you can't sing squat!
Sweet, plump, comforting cat! Or maybe he was just tired ;)
And this morning the doorbell rang...and a bugeyed me fumbled out of bed, way too early......that's what I got for cheering up a friend the night before....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did the other cat look like?

artandhockey said...

OOPS forgot to add photo.. go back and view updated version.