About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fans ...

Not those fans, you may be thinking of.
But ceiling, floor and other fans.
The 'powers' that are are admonishing The People to conserve energy between 3 and 7 in the afternoon.
So here I am doing all that requires electricity, laundry, ironing, percolating coffee, and of course, blogging in the early hours of the day. Between 3-7 I will take a Siesta, and no, I will not tilt my wagon wheel sombrero over my eyes, even if I owned one. The fans will whirr away, swirling warm, hot, humid air and I will (pretend to) feel cooler!
How many out there will do it?
Going Green is not so easy, especially since there are no windmills in my backyard, nor water dammed up.
Speaking of water, that little rain we had a days or so ago...a drop on a hot ground, so to speak.
So LET US conserve electricity, water, take many siestas.. OLE, we are Southerners after all!
Stay cool. And for a little different kind of TAPS, enjoy the show, conducted by Andre Rieu:

2 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

I've got a guy in my house today repairing my french doors. I don't think there's any hope of being green with my doors open all day! Gah.

artandhockey said...

But you are not keeping the A/C on full blast, too?