About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Author, Author...

Just finished a bio by Elmer Kelton, author of Western Novels, undoubtedly inspired by our visit to Amon Carter Museum and its Russells and Remingtons:"Sandhills Boy". Plus, he married an Austrian!

Now is that coincidence or what?
Although, I was barely born when they met after WW II, and my better half isn't a Texan!

Anyway, I did enjoy this bio, written with dry humor and some self depreciation. Now, I shall have to read more of his novels, which seem to be somewhat based on historical events (with poetic license, of course). Good Bye Twitter... books are beckoning.

No comments: