About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Twitter

I am seriously 'Eyeing a divorce' from Twitter! Just how to do it?
After a while, I have come to the conclusion that Twitter takes too much of my time, which I rather spend on reading and listening to good music.
A comment on Twitter just seems to me like a sound bite, except it is 'word bite '... fitting for readers with short attention span.
Want to tell me something -there IS the phone - with an immediate answer. Is it less pressing - there is email with an answer a few hours delayed.
Recently I have been informed that xyz and zyx and so on, are following me on Twitter ... checking out the "unknown followers" I find they are wishing to sell something.
I don't want such 'friends' anywhere, cyber space or on earth ;)
Real friends always know HOW to get in touch and most welcome....call me, email me, write me (a dieing art?). My mobile phone is for true emergencies... car dies and a tow is needed, stuck in traffic and need to postpone a meeting, checking on flight arrivals when picking up friends at the airports.....
BTW, the EYE is from the Tosca Production on the floating stage on Bodensee, Bregenz, Austria. And that's almost how I feel being followed on Twitter ....

No comments: