About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Paean to Vuvuzela..

With soccer all pervasive in the media, and the pre-occupation with the Vuvuzela.
What fun listening to this "Classic" Konzert
oh, DO enjoy it...;-)
You might, just might want to have earplugs handy ...
And then there is this Austrian Folkband...what a quick adaptation to the newest fad -maybe?
And in the spirit of the Vuvuzela.. I give you the newest Minnesota Wild Draftee
Mikael Granlund born 1992 Oulu, Finland, skates as Center.
Per reports he still has one year to go in Finland,
BUT -might we see him US side earlier than 2011?
As other draftees and/or prospects materialize I shall post photos if available.

3 comments:

Elisheba said...

Please, please, just go back to posting about hockey. I'm liking the world cup, but there's a reason I watch it in the office of the guy who developed his own vuvuzela filter.

Anonymous said...

One simply cannot build a winning team and a core via free agency The core of every good team is built around home-grown stars. One needs to bring in free agents to complement a solid nucleus, not the other way around. And that was the problem with the Aeros last season.

artandhockey said...

@shinigami-sidhe.. BUT the skit of the instrument (of torture to some of our ears)IS such a black humor kind of thing;-)!
Have no intention to denigrate the sport of Soccer per se!

@anonymous .. I am sure the Wild are trying to nurture future stars right here at Aeros.