About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

We are 'Well-heeled' NHL Hockey Fans..

...per a very short article in today's WSJ!
Contrary to the image of beer guzzling (or Margarita guzzling) dyed-in-their-jerseys blue-collar hockey fans, the survey shows NHL fans in the $100,000+ income bracket account for 36% of all sports'fans.

Doesn't that make you feel so much better to know that we, hockey fans, are the ELITE of sports watchers.

And that brings me to another subject: I'm intensely curious what YOU, a dedicated elite Hockey Fan, collect?
Let me know.
Is it game worn Jerseys?
Clean Jerseys?
Minor defunct team jerseys?
Is it pucks?
Is it whatever...books, photos, sticks, bobble heads, enshrined unwashed socks-worn-by-your-idol, ticket stubs, autographed anythings ?

Do you have a closet full of various teams' jerseys, your idol played with?
A wall full of photos?
A cabinett full of pucks, pins, trading cards ?
Hockey Stickchairs?

Do you read all blogs on hockey avidly?
Your idol's blogs, tweets?

As a 'well-heeled Hockey fan, do you follow your idol across the country to all or some games?
So, let me know....what YOU do!
And THANKS for taking the time to do so...in public or private, whichever preferred.

No comments: