About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

TOO quiet on the Aeros front...

too bad, the guyz lost against a superlative talent of the Griffins' goalie Larsson. He stopped ALL shots on goal and Griffins won with 2 goals over Aeros. A rematch is on tonight.
Which I will miss since I volunteer at HGO 'womaning' the Guild's membership table during the opening night of LOHENGRIN and that one has an early curtain..6:30 PM - so have to be on 'duty' by 5:15 PM to set up, etc.

I know people have asked: 'Why OPERA and HOCKEY and LOS TOROS?'
And the answer is always: passion, excitement, drama, 'sound and fury' ;-)
and .... and.... and....
As I mentioned in an earlier post the Czech Olympic National Team won in Nagano, and I've just seen a reference to that in one of the other hockey blogs.
Inspired by his/her hockey team's win...someone with a great sense of humor decided to write/compose an OPERA :"NAGANO".
If you look carefully, the 'soi dissant' goalie unfolds a (I am assuming) Czech Flag in a matador fashion and the "opposing skater" runs at it like a bull! Only to miss it.... and that is only the first part of the video.


It is sooo funny and the music and singing not too bad,
plus the street dancing parts are amusing as well
For 3 more parts go to YouTube see below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NuF0PtCZ8w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwYV_5xh6Ho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mud8tVYpPm8

2 comments:

nuts about ? said...

That is soooo funny....love skinny goalie against big guy.

artandhockey said...

Welcome, nuts about? to the funny world of artandhockey, life is too short, not to have or make fun of things, LOL.