About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sing, scream, belt, play it...

                                                     The RED, WHITE and BLUE of it.

                                               Just another thing that bugs me, again ! 
Another 'butchery' - ahem - personalized
interpretation by a celebrity singer of The Anthem.

                                                       Here's the disputed version (ahem)

And here a younger version (at 8!) with the correct wording.

Yes, I do know that the Anthem is one of the world's most difficult one to sing properly.
It - to my ears - sounds a lot better just in its instrumental form, and a lot more dignified! 

                                       As  in this version by US Marine Corps Band:

And that, cher readers, is how I feel.
You can agree or not - that IS your privilege !

No comments: