About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Is someone really asking me

to remember things BEFORE 1925?
Wow, I know I am OLD but that old? Just kidding.
A Cousin once removed by marriage or twice removed,  or whatever these people are called. He is married to the daughter of the daughter of my father's older brother!

Any way, he just emailed me from across the big pond to dig into my memory and come up with dates of births and deaths, as the case maybe.
It's always so predictable.
Someone retires and - hey presto -
he starts Ahnenforschung or Family Tree research.
Keep in mind these usually are people with 'hostages to the future'.
   
Never having any such, this urge to record for posterity the 'whos, whens, whats and whys' seem - to me - utterly non productive. Who resally really gives a damn?
I was born, I live, I shall die! 

Well, I do know the dates of my birth,
my better half's birth, our marriage. 

I am sorry to report that dates of our deaths are not yet available! 
Unless of course our ghosts are hanging around.

The Brown Lady
Mine?The Lady on the Stairs?
Actually this purports to be an image of THE BROWN LADY.


Lord Combermere's ghost
His? A body in the chair?
An image of LORD COMBERMERE'S  GHOST?

So, should I brave the freezing world out there to look though the documents stored at the bank for posterity?
Hmm, what posterity?
Not yet. Maybe next week.
He can wait. 
What's his hurry!
He is so much younger than I - after all!


2 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

Hostages to the future. Ha! I like that.

As a non-breeder myself, I don't really get the interest either, other than perhaps hoping to turn up some rich relative who's left me a fortune. The odds don't seem very good though.

artandhockey said...

When it comes to rich relatives..
The idea of a 'Rich Aunt in America' still prevails OVER there!
And being the sole emigre to my knowledge, I guess that means yours truly...
BIG RAUCOUS LAUGH!