About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

I lied...

I said I wouldn't... but here I am.
Just can't leave it be-so grin and bear it!
AEROS won a second game!
1.  in pre-season vs. Stars and  1. in regular Season vs OKC Barons.
I did not see it - only heard the voice of the Aeros with explanatory comments by Brandon Rogers!
But t'was exciting nevertheless.
It sounded like "Wundergoalie" Hackett (30 saves) was indeed wunderbar!  Nr 2*
"Avalanche" Kalus with 2 goals, 1 assist and Nr. 1 * surprised, probably even himself  :).
Broda
Newbie Joel ("Joyeux") Broda also had 2 goals  Nr. 3*
Di Salvatore ("Speedy Jon") had a goal (PP goal at that-might that become his speciality) and 1 assist,
"The Scrapper" Daoust had 3 assists, and "Frisky" Gillies also scored.
Well, per Russo, it is now 100% that "Dimples" Khudobin,
Kassian, the "Kassassinator", Bagnall ("Bagman")
and now also Casey Wellman - below he scores his first NHL goal



are being sent South to lovely Houston where Flip Flops reign and the sun shines on the TC!  And  pools beckon to hardy hockey players from up North, after all 55 - 65 degree water temperature is just a balmy one for them :-)!
On the other hand, we hear that Zingoni ("Zippy") was an injured scratch at OKC- (deja vu?); as was Tyler Cuma, but we knew that already!
Rogers ("The Rock") was a healthy scratch and ablye to assist Joe O'Donnell.

And as Better Half and I have and will follow Mathieu Beaudoin (26) and Matt Climie, I am happy to report that Nr. 26 Rampage was Nr. 1 * (2 goals and 2 assists) in his first game with the Rampage vs. Chicago Wolves. Sure looks like Texas IS good for Mathieu B..whether skating as Nr. 25 (Aeros) or
Nr. 26 (Stars and now Rampage).
Barry Brust and Corey Locke (2 goals in 2. game-, 1 assist in 1.game-) are with Binghampton Senators and doing reasonably well or so I hear from Ms.C. Mitch Love skates for the Shreveport-Bossier City NJMudbugs and, I'm sure, will enchant those fans with his histrionics when fighting to heat up team and fans alike!
While Krys Kolanos was released by The NJ Devils even though in pre-season he score the one goal! Go figure! And here we were ready to watch him as a Devil vs The Lightening on our planned trip to Florida..well, we will still attend, Kolanos or not.. hockey is hockey!
Grabner was traded by the Panthers, but Vanek, the other "Austrian" player I follow, is still with the Sabres!

No comments: