About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Searching for inner self.

Have YOU found your inner self yet?
That seems to be uppermost - or is it just another fad ?
Everyone is talking about finding themselves, lately!
We read about 70-90 year olds finding their inner self by becoming artists of 'installations', sky diving, ocean kayaking, running the Marathon, hanging out in foreign climes and doing 'their' thing.
On the other hand, we hear about young people dying!
In wars, by suicide, or of previously undiagnosed physical ailments.  Those, I am sorry to say, will never be able to find their inner self.  Unless you believe in an afterlife or reincarnation.

Do you see the women here?
Sort of a  "back in the future" finding of self, perhaps.

SO now early on a Monday morning I do ask myself this:
Have I found my inner self?
I have pondered that for a while now.
During my salad days - mumble years ago - I did try my hand and brain at many a thing.  Alas, none really led me to believe I am Master of it.  So here I am, a Jill of all (well some) Trades, Master at none, if you will.
But, let me tell you, I am having fun doing lots even though none too expertly.

Try the puzzle above, for one ...it is easy!

Leaving 'body' out of THAT equation,
never was into active sports ...
brain games, sure, physical games...nope.
Every time I tried, miraculously became endowed with two left legs and - bed rest!

Finally ceding - concentrated on watching others being physical instead which is rather satisfying...
let them sweat, let them practice, let them give battle, ..just let THEM do it.
I sit and watch and enjoy the entertainment-with tears rolling-
sometimes in joy,
other times in sadness or
pure frustration.

And that leads me to hockey in Houston.
Methinks, although it IS early in the season, that we are looking at a repeat of last.  Hard work, individual players going all out, giving their best (really?)  and what do we have - at least we do have some hockey action in Houston.
For the real McCoy one needs to head to Versus and ESPN or such,
unless you can afford to fly about the country to follow your star, ahem, Team.

And so Better Half and I will do, some of the time!
Not that we have THAT many stars to follow.
But follow we shall-hockey in various locales,
plus opera,
plus sitting-watching the waves roll in, or float down a lazy river..........
plus appreciating art in many forms (well, some of it for sure)


And that said,

I think I may be on my way to finding my inner self...
sometime, somewhere, somehow!
Maybe even this way... wee haw!

No comments: