About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Been waiting for a chance..

to use this, while reporting that the San Jose Sharks win over the Red Wings, and go on to the final round for the cup- but.. just in case they do not.. am posting this now!
And I also like Canucks, Canadiens and Bruins. So there - go ahead and laugh!


Plus of course, who has read my blogs of the past, can doubt that I like The Stars.
(Adsorbing the Iowa Chops-will that make them now Tiowa Stars or Texas Chops -LOL?)
ALAS, they were trounced by the Wolves in Cedar Park, no less, and in front of ONLY about 3000 fans!
Hmmm- Do I detect a trend to fewer spectators for minor hockey in the USA, at least? Do you think so?
I am pretty sure that the Hershey Bears will prevail in the last round - again!
But, whichever the outcome, hockey is fun to watch.
Better Half disagrees with some of my choices...let him!
I know 'what I like' :-)..win or loose.
Now, the world...Greeks are rioting, oilspill savages the golf, vulcano in Iceland starts spewing again, Floods in Tennessee, Golf can do without Tiger ;-), student loans regulated, former hockey player dies at 38 of brain tumor, Evo Morales nationalizes foreign companies, Cuban police act harshly against "Ladies inWhite" protestors, Arizona enacts tough laws on immigrants, recent USA citizen arrested for placing THE bomb car in Times Square, and so on..and someone has a final (price and fees) $ 106.5 Million to spend on a 1932 Picasso which tops a previous art sale.. however I do like this painting, LOL. At least one can view it freely (at least for now)on the web!
And spoken from the heart or rather sung (;-)! " Du bist furchterlich.."
from Wagner's Rienzi! It kinda fits-perhaps.
And tomorrow IS the day of the Concert SIN FRONTERAS in Hermosillo, Mexico by Octavio Moreno accompanied by Stephen Hopkins on pian, which can be heard on the web at
at 10 Pm Houston time .. just click on the right 'escuchanos aqui'
and, huzzah, one will be able to listen or so I am told by Octavio!
Go ahead and be adventurous and turn it on!

1 comment:

artandhockey said...

Stars held off Wolves last night,(2-2) now they face them again tomorrow.