About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

No monkey business..


What IS art, is supposed to be in the eye of the beholder!
Now it seems also to the touch ;-), as todays NY Times article (below) describes. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/16/arts/design/16public.html


Me, I don't mind looking at nudes,

sculptedMuseum Of Fine Arts Sculpture Garden

or drawn Chirico: Cubist Nude

or photographedWilhelm von Gloeden Vintage Photo

It reminds me of watching Dancers perform in body suits,but then one sits in 'awe' in front of the stage or space, not walking around or between two or more ' live nudes'.

Not so certain that IS art?

But then some will consider just about anything 'art'!

Installation by Christo "The Gates" in NY.

"Going Green"

Installation (you think ;-)!

Do you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Going Green' doesn't look like the real thing,but then I've seen many so-called pieces of art, that really did not look right!

artandhockey said...

In this case, ANON it is NOT an installation, just a pile of plastic bowls ;-)!

I photograph it as if it were a 'real' installation ;-D) and it could have been! Because some so-called art, makes me wonder what inspired (?) it ;-)!