About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The JOYS (?) of travel

I love to travel....
let me rephrase that... LOVED to travel.
Travel then, when one dressed up to get on trains, airplanes, ships.
Put one's best foot frowarda s it were in matching hats, gloves and shoes.
Oh yes! I was told they had to match IF one was to be considered a 'Lady'.
Plus matching suitcases and make up box. You young uns have not seen those square boxes with mirrors and multiple layer of trays to hold all a 'Lady' required to present her best face (enameled and powdered)!
One would not get caught wearing scruffy clothes. No way. Never! One is NOT a bum!

 Especially none that seemed painted on as is the case today.
But hey, maybe they do know why they do it.
Since the inception of the security checks it seems almost better to wear as little as possible and still be decent (halfways anyway).
AND show as much as possible because, at the moment anyway, implants are not checked for hidden guns or bombs. :-)!

There IS a reason I still love to travel but not as often. It has become simply TOO stressful, right when we want to get away to relax from the daily grind. Sure, I know in retirement one does not need to work, but one does so anyway, and travel lets one sit back and enjoy the luxury of being waited on, one hopes.

No comments: