About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Facebook Lepers?

It seems that the NHL will no longer allow referees to use facebook.
For more on that go to:
http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2010/10/20/the-start-of-an-nhl-social-media-policy/
Bah, Humbug!


And in this vein, why are organizations deleting comments on facebook?
Why are they allowing ONLY positive comments to remain?
Negative critique is no longer permitted?
Because it is not PC?
Whatever..
I do like that word, it conveys so much... or so little, as the case may be!



On the other hand, I positively detest it when so called writers misspell words,
misapply punctuation and, deliberately? not use Capitals letters.
Spell check can be a good tool! Perhaps it draws one's attention to a possibly misspelled word.
Typos do happen even to the best of typists.
Alas, spell check does not always catch that!
Here are some examples....go ahead, laugh, so you won't cry!

Now that I have vented...yes, I do need, from time to time, do this.
It keeps a normally dormant volcano from erupting ;-)!
Believe me, Glasses fly and crash! Doors slam! And horrible sounds issue!

No comments: