About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

If it's Friday - it's Grand Rapids

Nr. 44 Falk  by Jerina
May St. Christopher look out for Aeros!

LoL bird
Will the Griffins swoop down tonight?
And tomorrow will the Wolves at home howl again?
On Sunday it's back to the TC for a 'Stars'crossed meet with dogs.
Quite a three day stretch for our guys, eh?

But Nr. 44 is back, and Lampman most likely will be in the line up as well. Can we hope for some fresh energy and positive results by these two, even as Scandella is kept up North.

Meanwhile, I totally blew it!
It, the chance to get 'high' at the MFAH...
artandhockey photo
well, what else would you call sipping free champagne while you shop? With a discount, no less?
So,the copy of Rodin's Kiss and other sculptures are perfectly safe.. still there. They wouldn't have fit into shopping bags, anyway!

That was last evening!
I had it on my calendar.
BUT somehow I thought last evening was this evening..  :-D?

So what else is new!
Ah, yes, in order to save the City of Houston has decided NOT to buy any more public art to
grace parks and spaces in front of government buildings.
Although .. ah well, I'll not go there.
Just saying 'The Arts' again the stepchild, and that bugs me!
Because feeding the soul and minds is not deemed important?

Enjoy this!
Art For Music? 
Music For Art?

2 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

Ugh. What a shame on the public art thing. Though generally I haven not been impressed with the public art (what little there is compared to many cities) around Houston. How many more of those brightly painted, squiggily rebar-looking sculptures do we need?

artandhockey said...

@Ms. C are you, by any chance, refereing to the Joan Miro BIRD near Jones Hall...would be apropos since Aeros play Griffins (another imaginary bird) tonite?
But I do like it.. although to recognize it as a BIRD... well.. it does take lots of imagination.