About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Are we having FUN yet?

I quote an exerpt from a recently read newspaper article, because it hit home showcasing experiences I had in Austria and Germany while shopping (in the neighborhood grocery store-not a touristy shop' ;-)!)
"When Wal-Mart tried to impose alien rules on its German staff—such as compulsory smiling" ...the resulting rebellion ended with it pulling out of Germany in 2006.
Now THAT does NOT surprise me.
A smiling face at the supermarket, the Konsum, the store, the Boutique in Europe... that truly is such a rarity.. one feels like bursting into song -'We are the Champions', perhaps.

We seem to have lost a time and place "where bosses did not think that 'fun' was a management tool and where employees could happily quaff Scotch at noon".

                                                                 And I drink to THAT
PROSIT

No comments: