About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

It still goes on...

The tyranny of Stalin remains alive in Russia today. 

This is a bit off the normal path for me,
but after reading this I just have to remark on it.


I have read also One Day in the life of Ivan Denisovich.File:One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich cover.jpg
That one is a novel, of course, but her detailed letter comes very, very close.

But how did she get that  accusatory letter out?
That I really would like to know.
I don' t doubt the conditions are far below what a western mind can accept, but again.. with the kind of control she describes, how did her letter pass censoring?

I have also read descriptions of concentration camp survivors,
and those, too, seem to be similar!

And descriptions of female prisoners at Japanese WWII  camps...similar horror.

However all those were published after the prisoners survived.

Just makes one wonder why Snowdon asked for  asylum.. in Russia, no less. A *Putineske* Russia. What was he thinking???? Probably not that! ;-).

No comments: