About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Just an addendum to LUCIA at HGO

Urging any lovers of Bel Canto singing - go see/hear this LUCIA. Really!
IMHO Albina Shagimuratova,the Lucia, outdid herself this afternoon. 
She was simply....stunning!
And I happen to overhear the legendary Frederica von Stade say pretty much the same thing to Ms. Shagimuratova backstage! Except moree effusively!


Pittas

Dimitri Pittas produced the same powerful image of Edgardo, as expected.

And the rest BRAVO-BRAVA all!

Willis Sorenson
I do apologize to Ms. Rachel Willis Sorenson, calling her a Mezzo, she IS a soprano,
albeit with a solid Wagnerian sounds, and an impressive lower range - maybe that's what made me call her Mezzo!
Here is an excerpt:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cyw_DqViyb0?rel=

She does have an impressive lower range, doesn't she?
Flights of coloratura are not quite her forte.
But the rest is very impressive! Very!

No comments: