About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

I was NOT wearing my Aeros Jersey tonight

and again the Aeros won, after a long and wild  battle, that's true.
But a win is a win! 4-3 in a shootout!
And I have been experimenting with my camera's video capability.
Now I've just gotta teach myself how to edit these things...and post them here sometime!
Puck Watch

Daoust Goal

One of the many fights

OOPS missed that one

                                                            THE PETERS SEQUENCE
First: Peters in a Nelson


Second : Peters disentangles himself

Third: Peters Pushed back.

Enough said, technical details can be found elsewhere ;-)

Just this:
Probably THE most brawling and hard hitting game I've seen in a long time.
 Not just fast paced aggresivley played.
Not just lots of body checkings.
BUT a really wild and out of control game!
Natch,. the fans liked it..until...
Heat's Nr. 3 Josh Meyers went down heavily injured.
Hope he will recover without lasting consequences.
Anyone missing "Bucky" (Brandon Back) on the ice?
 He was playing sidekick to Joe O'Donnell! 




2 comments:

ICEVET said...

Most of the violence and aggression resulted from the failure of Jean Hebert (#43) to make key calls during the first period...after that, it was simply "out of control".

It is sad to think that serious injury to a young player like Josh Meyers (carried off the ice at the end of the first period) may have been part of a chain of events which could have been avoided by better officiating.

However, good teams usually beat bad officiating, and that is what the Aeros did to remain in first place. Give the Aeros Coaching Staff credit for preparing the Team for the Heat's aggressive game plan (and perhaps, the poor quality of officiating).

Go Aeros!

artandhockey said...

@ ICEVET, it seems that Meyers came out of it relatively well, per the team's facebook. Although such statements need to be taken with a grain of salt, since most team sites tend to be overly optimistic and spin mostly positive thoughts.
But if he recovered enough that he is with the team and not in hospital, that, to me, is proof of the superb conditioning hockey players show vs some (who I could mention but won't) other sports 'icons' ;-)!