About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ode on a Croc...

I do! I love my crocs! My comfortable crocs. My ugly, clunky, clumsy crocs. My crocs in every color. MY purples, reds, blues, pinks (hot pink that is), lime green, yellow crocs.

Just counted my crocks and the numbers stands at ONLY 20 pairs.

So, NO Imelda Marcos of Crocs, me! And they do come in 'fur'-lined! For winter in Houston just perfect. No tight boots to tug up! Just slip 'em on and go.
Why am I rhapsodizing about fur-lined crocs?

I have only 2, one brown, one black. So need to spice up with some cool new colors.. except pink! No, no 'winter white' or 'winter pink' for me, no sirree! What about this splashy number below, slate gray or is it slate blue with orange? Would brighten a dreary winter day, wouldn't they?



So I'm happy, that no longer am I living where the temperatures dip into the minuses...and support the 'well being of thermal underwear and polar parka manufacturers'!





So, you think it is so much fun...dashing through the snow?


Been there, done that and can attest it IS NOT really all that much fun. Especially, when one has to get up early to dig out the garage drive from under several feet of snow, just to spend hours driving (mostly slip-sliding in low gear) to work, when NORMALLY it takes 15-20 minutes! Changing tires from regular to snow or even adding chains to get traction! Seeing your breath turn into a white cloud of crystals, wearing snow flakes on your lashes, or ice crusts on eyebrows.
And shivering your way through the snow... winter wonderland, bah hum bug!


Just thinking on that, makes me COLD! As does the idea of Aeros NOT scoring.

So here's some Boney M. to warm up and doing it to great rhythms!



I do love their "Rasputin", too:


No comments: