About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Surveying - to tweet or not

Over the past days I have surveyed a number of people, aged 18 to 25 how they felt when Twitter went AWOL for a few hours.
A whopping 85% (surprised me, really it did) said they have neither desire nor the time to Tweet. Too busy working summer jobs, getting ready for school/college and spending quality time with friends and family!
They did admit to texting...but only (so they claimed) with CLOSE bosom buddies.
Now, that makes me feel, all is not lost with the young generation. Looks to me suspiciously like the older generation is the Tweeter or Twit generation - ;-) ;-). I guess they must feel so important to have to tweet about every single moment of their (judging from most tweets contents) rather banal life events.


And a little hockey to dispel the summer blahs....ONLY 1 1/2 months to HOCKEY?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbgRMXp2HtY

Aeros hired new office staff: Palmer Prestley, Dan Lummis. Danny Madden... to supplement the Houston office. All three seem to be local (TX) guys.. for more info go to Aeros.com
On a sadder note, MATT MILLER was fired, via a phone call, reminiscent of Jerry Meins.

Meanwhile, people are getting up in arms about Obama Care and are letting their representatives know it at town hall and other meetings...and, rather spontaneous at that. Doesn't look to orchestrated by right wingers (not hockey right wingers ... ;-)..) to me as I am listening/reading news on web, papers, TV and Radio. Although some commentators are spinning it that way! Hey People, we are not all stupid....

Opera festivals are enjoying fewer audience attendance - are the so-called stay-cations to blame? Despite lower airfares to everywhere. Almost everywhere....here is a different take on "Fly me to the Moon" for YOUR enjoyment....

2 comments:

Beth said...

Love the Corelli YouTube. Sometimes I spend hours perusing opera on YouTube. Say, is the foundry you mention the Shidoni Foundry? I was there last week--fabulous, one of the highlights of my trip. Take bottled water if you plan to walk the grounds. It's hot out there but worth the effort. Safe and happy travels! -Beth

artandhockey said...

oops, that comment should go to the blog on Corelli and Santa Fe , I guess.. but yes, Beth, I do too, love to hear some old recordings, remastered or pure with scratches, etc... Caruso's recordings still wow me a lot!