About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Am I in danger of repeating myself?

Probably, BUT

Oil by Erwin Rummel.. Icebreaker in harbour..

Seems to me that is an emblem for what bugs me today. We all need an icebreaker to start a meaningful dialogue about ... just everything, eh?
Have we lost the ability to carry on a meaningful conversation without resorting to Twitter, Facebook, My space, whatever?

The best way to interact with PEOPLE not websites (:-( ) is face to face.
We can SEE the laughter in the eyes, the smiling crinkles around the mouth, the pouts, hands gesticulating, ears waggling (tee hee), nostrils flaring in disgust or surprise... all those myriads of little movements and expressions that make it so exciting to actually TALK with someone. Almost forgot to mention.. the inflections when we TALK, how a lilt up or down can change the mood, the hidden meaning, perhaps. Sarcasm and Irony are surely lost on screen.


No man is an island.


And the fun, yes, fun, of a 'courteous' debate on matters which are subjective ... as long as no 'expletive deleted' and too much screaming and shouting takes place. Everyone should have his/her say.
No, I probably will not change my mind on most things, but I also will not proselytise to force MY opinions down anyone's throat. Trying to converse with someone who is constantly on the computer, texting, etc. is sooooo difficult and impersonal. Is that what attracts the gen xer's or yer's or whatever the newest 'idiom' is... not to get too close, not to get involved.

Enough..

too much whining is NOT good for the soul, laughing at one's foibles is much better.. :-) :-) :-)

No comments: