About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Death comes early...

Too many obituaries in the news lately:
McMahon, Fawcett, Jackson (50) and now Mays (50)...coincidence? Sad news for many.
Those are big names in the limelight.

On the personal front, I lost a friend to the big C, just the other day. She did have a full life, traveled extensively, certainly most adventurously. Kept up with education, literature, the arts (as a SUPER volunteer), and inspired countless others to emulate (including yours truly) . Sharp and coherent to the last..she went too soon, even at 87. Not a FAMOUS name, but she made an impact on all who knew her, students, adults, casual and close friends and family.
I'll miss you, SK.
And yes, I shall venture to do things as long as possible...every day filled with excitement and challenge is a special gift!


No comments: