About Me

My photo
Split personality. Liking the arts, especially opera, and hockey and Los Toros. I know, I know THAT one is non pc currently. But I can't help it saw some in Spain and got hooked, but good. But on the other hand right now opera and hockey are in the forefront!

Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

On Cloud 9

We have been living on cloud nine for decades.
Back when that meant we might be optimistic fools.
And a cloud cuckoo land it surely may have been. Which term we 'borrowed' from  *Aristophanes' The Birds*. As always let's blame it on the Greeks ;-)!

Today it could mean anything.
Cloud photo storage.
Cloud documents.. and much more. Cloud investment advice.

And  the newest wealth opportunity .


So what comes next?
Dare I say: A new religious Parthenon: our computers!

The I Pad - the almighty Jupiter?
Kowtowing to the new gods in the clouds? But aren't we doing that already? Instead of a face to face dialogue? Using our own grey cells to think instead relying on the net for interpretations which may, or may not, be accurate.

Will all of us be living - not on - but with cloud - maybe not  9 but maybe - 9,999? 
Hail the Internet ;-)!

No comments: